Frank

Default SeaTalk update rate

Hi group,

I have a question concerning the update rate of a SeaTalk bus.

I have a GPS ( NMEA ), a ST60 tridata ( SeaTalk ) and a SeaTalk Autopilot.

In order to exchange Data between NMEA - Seatalk I built a
single chip computer ( Atmega32 ).

Ok - now i can translate NMEA Sentences to SeaTalk datagrams and
vice versa.
The GPS sends its information about ever two seconds.
But how often should i sent data to the SeaTalk bus.

My boat is somewhere far away in in winter storage. So currently
i can't just go to the boat and check myself.

Currently my software just sends updates to seatalk, whenever
NMEA data changes ( And vice versa ).
But when the boat stands still, the speed or position
never changes. This can't be correct - i guess.

So - if somone out there knows how often instuments on SeaTalk transmit
data - please let me know.

Thank's
Frank

btw. Hardware and Software are NOT RAEDY. I'm still working on it.
But - if someone is interested and would like to continue progamming
on it or just playing with it - It's free.
On http://www.tklinux.de you can find more about software and hardware.