Justin C[_45_] Justin C[_45_] is offline

Default Caution - language!!

On 2012-10-21, injipoint wrote:
On 21/10/2012 2:00 PM, Justin C wrote:
Hang on, you're in Spain and you're heading for Italy?
Do you not like the French?

Justin.

Schengen! Almost used up our 90 days in the EU Schengen bits

Ah! Of course. Being from European parts I forget
there are limits for visitors from outside.

From here to Sardinia to Pantelleria to Monastir then home to Oz for
the first time in about 2 years to visit for Xmas.
Then we can start our 90 day Schengen crap again through Greece and into
Turkey for a while.

Turkey are trying to get into the EU, and I expect
they will be within the next four or five years,
Schengen will probably be part of that for them.

France later. Bruce might be able to afford the South but I'll be
looking for peasant country where the wine is .50p a litre and the
baguettes are the same price!

Sounds like my kinda place. I know it can be done on
the French canals, I don't know how much luck you'll
have on the coast though (I'm referring to cheap
wine).

I have this grand plan but it keeps changing week to week. I've been
places I've never heard of and haven't been to places I thought I
couldn't live without seeing.

Sounds like a great life!

BTW, I think we had a brief discussion some years back re a place called
Sussex by the Sea? I think it was with you.

Sounds very likely, especially seeing as that's where
I am, Sussex by the sea. Oooh, you'd have lots of fun,
here, there's this thing that you forget all about
(mostly) in the med, it's called 'tide' 4m neaps and
7m springs. Depending on your heading you can find
yourself going twice as fast as you expect, or nowhere
at all, most entertaining! ;-)

It's a long way around Spain, Portugal and France to
get to England. There are some beautiful parts, and,
if you can occupy yourself for long enough here, we're
not Schengen members, so you'll be outside and can go
back to France (or wherever) after. According to
Wikipedia, Turkey isn't a Schengen member either, so
some time there'll reset your 90 day count.

Justin.