Larry W4CSC

Default SSB Antennas

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 01:41:00 GMT, Larry wrote:

I had a 1st as well, but frankly thought the 2d was a good deal harder. If
nothing else, it was a lot longer! I recall the 1st was 50 questions (and
it seems like it was mostly law) and the 2d was 200 questions. I passed
them both, but I recall spending a long time on the 2d. Never did the
GMDSS/M or radar.

2nd was MUCH harder. I was a 3rd for too long...(c;

Go to the FCC website and download the tests for GMDSS operator and
servicer. Local ham radio volunteer examiners are also volunteer
commercial testers, now. Our commercial tester used to be the "Mud
Duck" on CB running 10KW into twin Telrex beams at 80'......(big
grin). Times change. I helped him pass his Advanced ham ticket.

I thought that after the FCC went to General Commercial that NABER or
someone like that handled endorsements for a while, but then they gave that
up. Do you remember what happened to that stuff?

I had all mine long before FCC stopped doing the testing. All the
testing is now done with volunteer examiners, mostly the VEs that test
for ham radio. Sea School has a GMDSS testing site, but you have to
go to Florida to take it. It's not offered in our Sea School in
Charleston.

73, DE W4CSC

Larry W4CSC

No, no, Scotty! I said, "Beam me a wrench.", not a WENCH!
Kirk Out.....