Bill Kiene

Default Motor upgrade - More Horse Power

Hi John,

I would not go over 30hp for several reasons. One is liabilities and
secondly a weight problem.

I can recommend a great motor for your 14' boat.

The Yamaha 25hp 4 stroke weighs 135# in short shaft and manual start for
~$3,000US.

It will push your boat near 30mph which is faster than you will need to go.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"John Newbie" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...

I have a small 9.9 motor on my 14' small fishing boat. I read the manual

it
says it can be upgraded to 30 HP maximum ... wondering if I put a 40 HP on
it, will that be dangerous? coz my I found a good deal on a used 40HP.

John