K Smith

Default Manifold failure, hydrolock :-(

Harry Krause wrote:
Gould 0738 wrote:

For that sort of hooch can you consider different power?? As you say
you didn't really use the power the turboed perkins had anyway & these
days Cummins etc have some lovely units at what seem like good prices.

My impression is that a new Cummins would run just under twice what it will
likely cost to install another (reman) Perkins.

Well, you could always hang an outdoor motor off the transom...

Hurts me to admit this but, there's an idea Chuck. I wonder why nobody
has ever thought of much less actually done that before???

I mean it's outside, no noise, no small,rubber mounted, easy to
service, totally self contained but there would probably be down sides;
like the crowds of people who would gather everywhere the boat went,
just so they could say they know something of it or that they'd met you,
or as you work up a coast you'd find people awaiting your arrival at the
next port to have a look at it.

Upon reflection some ideas are just too ahead of their time, but all
kudos to Harry he actually said something that was boating related &
even more amazing; true!!