Doug Dotson

Default SSB Antennas

"Bruce in Alaska" wrote in message
In article ,
"Doug Dotson" wrote:

Not familiar with a Marine Radio Tech License? I have a GROL
with radar Endorsement and a GMDSS/M, but I'm not aware
that is what you are referring to. The NMEA has a certification
process but that's not really a "license" per se.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

Licensed Marine Radio Tech is a person who has an FCC GROL/w
RADAR/GMDSS-M and is licensed to maintain Maritime Mobile Radio Service
licensed systems aboard US flagged Vessels.

Then I guess I R 1. But what is the second part of your statement? The part
that
reads "and is licensed to maintain Maritime Mobile Radio Service
licensed systems aboard US flagged Vessels"? What is this license? Who
issues it?

The SOLAS Requires that
Title III Part II, and title III Part I Vessels be inspected on an annual
basis and that inspection by a Licensed Marine Radio Tech, be logged in
the Vessel Station Log and a renewed SOLAS Certificate be Issued and
Posted for Public Inspection. In the passed, these inspections were
done by FCC Field Agents, and the SOLAS Certificates, Bridge to Bridge
RadioTelephone Certificates, were issued by the FCC Field Agents, on
completion of the inspection. A similar inspection of Title IIi Part
IIi Vessels needs to be completed every 5 years for those class vessels,
and is done, now, through the same method.

I remember all the mumbo-jumbo from the GMDSS license. So is the GMDSS/M
license what makes one all of these fancy titles or is there some other
authority that grants these lofty titles.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @