Mark Browne

Default OT--Weaslyl watch begins

"Jim -" wrote in message
news:q85bb.394578$cF.121516@rwcrnsc53...

"Mark Browne" wrote in message
et...

"jps" wrote in message
"Jim -" wrote in message
news:9Z3bb.533979$uu5.89222@sccrnsc04...

Why does an average quality family car like a Chevy Impala cost

close to
$20k today?

Why would the same car assembled from parts cost $100K today?

Same answer: Greed

Well, not exactly. I ran a company into the ground .... If I
were to run another company snip

Mark Browne

Yes, if you ran another company you would most likely run it into the

ground also. :-)
A pretty smart fella you are Mark.

Jim, or whatever you are calling yourself today,

When I was young and inexperienced I was rather idealistic about what a
company should be run like. The real world is not kind to uninformed
idealism. Since then, I have worked at some excellent companies and have
paid very close attention to what they were doing right, and what I had been
doing wrong. If I were to start another company it would be run on a sound
financial basis. But don't let that trouble you. I know that you're learning
business from our current administration. You would just spend money like a
drunken sailor, secure in the knowledge that you could always borrow as much
as you needed to meet the payroll and daily expenses.

I would like to think I can learn from my mistakes. But, I don't suppose you
understand this concept. It sounds like you follow the old principle; do
nothing - do nothing wrong. I am also not so worried about my self image
that I can't ever admit to having made a mistake. Did you every make
mistakes Jim? Does the thought that you might have made some mistakes make
you nervous; perhaps more than a little anxious? You might feel better if
you could master these feelings of inadequacy and self doubt. You can tell
us; Harry's wife can help you with your problems. She knows about these
things.

Think about this Jim. If I try three or four companies and only one does not
fail, then I will have a successful company. If you never try then you will
never fail, but you will also never have your own company. If you bothered
to read those book things, then you would know that self made millionaires
start an average of three companies before they hit on the right combination
of factors that bring success. What do you think of that Jim? Were the
failed companies mistakes, or a necessary part of the learning process? Did
I mention that business education tends to be long on theory, and short on
real world issues? Well, I have spent as much time as I care to share in
your business education.

BTW - What exactly is it that you do? I have not gotten any answer from
you - are you ashamed of what you do for a living? Did you make a mistake in
your career selection? Is that why you envy those high paid union workers?
You know, they would let you in if you really wanted to make more money.
I'll bet Harry could put in a good word for you at the union hall!

Mark Browne