Doug Dotson

Default SSB Antennas

I found that learning the underlying theory was alot easier than
memorizing the test bank. Good way to learn things as well. My
father has a 1st Phone. He's probably almost as old as you
Unfortunately, they no longer issue the nice certificate to frame
and hang on the wall. Just the same wallet sized license as the
ham license.

DOug, k3qt
s/v Callista

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:16:41 -0500, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

Not familiar with a Marine Radio Tech License? I have a GROL
with radar Endorsement and a GMDSS/M, but I'm not aware
that is what you are referring to. The NMEA has a certification
process but that's not really a "license" per se.

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

You got it, Doug. Did you have 1st Phone before the shame of the GROL
was thrust upon you? I keep my 1st Phone with Radar in a frame over
my desk. I keep my GROL in the back of the file cabinet so noone can
see I have a CB license...(c;

You had to KNOW something to pass the 1st Phone, not just memorize the
test questions handed to you on a silver platter......It meant
something.

I added GMDSS maintainer and operator, but that was just a rote
memorizer test any fool who can read could pass, like the GROL.....

I actually cheated on the GMDSS tests. I'm a Dale Carnegie graduate.
DC teaches you how to memorize a whole magazine by associating each
page with a visualization. It was the most important thing I got out
of the course.
One - Run
Two - Zoo
Three - Tree
Four - Door
Five - Hive
Six - Sticks
Seven - Heaven
Eight - Grate
Nine - Wine
Ten - Den

I can still hear my instructor harping the first 100 visualizations on
us...(c; It's how I remembered the answers to the question bank,
which is easy after you memorize the ad on page 49 of National Review
for DC class.

Larry W4CSC

Is it just me or did the US and UK just capture 1/3
of the world's sweetest oil supply? What idiot wants to
GIVE IT BACK?!!