Larry W4CSC

Default GPS Accuracy

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:17:32 -0500, "wg992000"
wrote:

Thanks for all the input -
It was the swinging the compass input I was after.

Thought process was that maybe with decent sat reception - swinging the
compass (adjustments and compass card) may be easier and more accurate with
the GPS then using traditional methods i.e.. lining up bearing points,
shadows etc with my 13 year old at the wheel and me trying to do this. Have
a 21 coastal boat with compass in 5 degree increments. Sounds like the best
idea is stick with traditional methods or farm it out. In any case thanks
for all the help and thoughts.

I still like the idea of using the charts and local ranges across
Charleston Harbor......

Wouldn't it be nice if there were some kind of exact crossing ranges
setup for just compass swinging in some out of the commercial shipping
channel place. Two ranges pointing into an area unobstructed,
crossing in the middle. One N-S range and one E-W range with markers
on both ends so you could go either direction and KNOW you were 0 or
90 or 180 or 270.

Larry W4CSC

Is it just me or did the US and UK just capture 1/3
of the world's sweetest oil supply? What idiot wants to
GIVE IT BACK?!!