Steve

Default After market source for connectors/interface cables??

I realize that Furuno doesn't make connectors anymore than any electronics
mfg.. However the "F" on this connector is very distinctive (Like their
Logo) and I suspect that it was made just for them.

Yesterday, I discovered the power connector on the Si-Tex flux gate is the
same identical connector used on the Unimetric (Uniden) power hailer, same
make connector for the Mic and the flux gate data and sensor connectors.

My point being. These other equipment mfg don't have to invent a different
connector for each purpose or piece of equipment.. The market is full of
suiteable connectors that meet the marine requirements.. The reason they use
propietory connectors is to keep you tied to their equipment brand and to
rip you off at the time of installation.. Who considers the price of
installation or interface when they are comparing prices at the Boat Show..
It's after the Show that we discover that we can't use the cables and
connectors from last years model on the new gear.. And if the boat owner
can't or doesn't install his own gear, then the marine electronics shop
laughs all the way to the bank..

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve