Eric

Default After market source for connectors/interface cables??

Steve:

Add Nexus System instruments to your list of "good" companies. Four
wires, screw terminals. Built in NMEA 0183 interface. Very easy to
interface with everything!

Eric

"Steve" wrote in message ...
I just took a look at my Si-Tex flux gate compass connectors and they seem
to have a worth while connectors/plugs scheme. They have all metal shell,
with clamp and screw stain relief. The internal insulator is held in place
with a set screw and when released the insulater slides out the face of the
plug.

I visited their web site and although they no longer list my flux compass
model, I was surprised at how much techincal information they are willing to
share with their customers.. Their coverage of the connector scheme for all
of their current equipment models. They have a 60+ .pdf document covering
the connector types and standard pin assignments.. It appears that their
have only abour a half dozen different connectors.

From their information, I was able to identify the connector I will need.

The nice thing about their connectors is that they can be assembled,
inspected or repaired in the field, with only a screw driver soldering iron
(I keep a 12 vdc on board). No need for all that extra cable dangling behind
the equipment or problems getting a connector through a hole or wireway.

Of course the only way I would truly enjoy this ease is if I switch over to
all Si-Tex equipment.. (do you hear that Raymarine, Furuno, Yeoman,
Interphase, Standard Horizon). I'm saying "Si-Tex doesn't have their head up
their A$$ when it comes to a standard connector scheme."

OK! I got my morning rant out of the way, now on to more enjoyable things.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions