Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Wi-Fi under way and at anchor

"Flying Pig" wrote in message

The contention is over WiFi enabled cell phones, not computers.

Do, in fact, WiFi phones connect without your input???

A wi-fi enable cell phone IS a computer, Skippy. A hand-held computer. The
only difference is in size between a lapton, tablet or cell phone. Some
laptops are even 3G and 4G enabled so the distinction is nill.

Duh, this Skolnick is a moron.

Hardly. An ass perhaps, but not a moron. And that's the problem.
He's a big wheel in SSCA, a 7000 member organization which takes
image VERY seriously. He also teaches paid seminars on computer r
elated material therein - and so has some impact, as well.

Just ignore the wankstain. He's got NO power over your wi-fi connections.
Have you heard of the legal concept of "standing"? Unless you happen to
connect to HIS wi-fi, he's got NO STANDING as to your connection
activities.

If I had a home network near a harbor I would install a nice amplified
antenna like this one on my router.

Larry, of electronics fame herein, has done better than that,
making an amplified cantenna and aiming it at the local AF
base, assuring airmen there a signal...

And not require a password so boaters could use it to connect to the
Internet. So this idiot Skolnick is trying to say neither I nor anybody
else
can do so and that in doing so I'm creating criminals and thieves.

Nonsense! The man's a PUTZ!

Well, that, too.

And a freaking busy body. . .

Wilbur Hubbard