Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Wi-Fi under way and at anchor

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:02:03 PM UTC-4, Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"Flying Pig" wrote in message

That premise was what I got out of one of my cited articles.

Yet the learned Dave Skolnick says that's patently untrue - that,

unlike a cell connection, WiFi enabled devices require specific

input from the user before a connection will be made.

Not true. Mine connects when I turn on the computer. I push the computer's

"ON" button and a few minutes later I'm connected to an available wi-fi

hotspot. Some, like McDonald's require me to click an "accept" button for the

TOS and then I'm on but unsecured networks don't even need that.

The contention is over WiFi enabled cell phones, not computers.

Do, in fact, WiFi phones connect without your input???

Duh, this Skolnick is a moron.

Hardly. An ass perhaps, but not a moron. And that's the problem. He's a big wheel in SSCA, a 7000 member organization which takes image VERY seriously. He also teaches paid seminars on computer related material therein - and so has some impact, as well.

If I had a home network near a harbor I would install a nice amplified

antenna like this one on my router.

Larry, of electronics fame herein, has done better than that, making an amplified cantenna and aiming it at the local AF base, assuring airmen there a signal...

And not require a password so boaters could use it to connect to the

Internet. So this idiot Skolnick is trying to say neither I nor anybody else

can do so and that in doing so I'm creating criminals and thieves.

Nonsense! The man's a PUTZ!

Well, that, too.

L8R

Skip