Bruce in Alaska

Default SSB reflected power?

In article ,
"Keith" wrote:

The radio tech that got me up and
running said these were symptoms of reflected power. I'm using a 23' digital
antenna, and seem to be transmitting well. Is there anything I can do about
this, or should I even be worried about it?

And you let this "tech" walk off the boat before he fixed the radio
installation, why????

What is a 23' "Digital" antenna?????

What you have is a very high impedance "Ground System" and maybe
a nonresonant antenna. First off, 23 feet of antenna is marginal for any
frequency below 12 Mhz. Does you HF installation include an Antenna
Tuner? If so, is it tuning the antenna, and how do you know this?
Again, why did you let the guy leave before he fixed the antenna
problems? How much power is the transmitter puting out? Does the
Mic burn your hand when your transmitting?

Gives us more information, and maybe we can help you out.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @