Dennis Pogson

Default Follow-up on Computer/GPS navigating

Ante Topic Mimara wrote:
Here is what I have discovered.

1. I will be boating in and around an estuary of a river,
and occasionally up and down the coast on either side
of the estuary, never out of sight of land, so I will
not need to worry about transoceanic navigation.

2. I still do not know how to determine what sort of GPS
I will need, all I know is that I only require the most
basic type.

3. How exactly, does a GPS connect to a laptop, and how
does one determine which GPS goes with which software?

4. I have seen these little "GPS Recievers" that have a USB
connector on them, that connect directly to a computer.
What kind of software would be necessary to make this
type of reciever transform a laptop into a GPS?

Thanks again for helping, I hope these things clarify what
it is that I seek.

---
-
A. Topic Mimara
Unique in the World! You will appreciate!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

www.oziexplorer.com

Remove "nospam" from return address.