Short Wave Sportfishing

Default External GPS antenna and WAAS?

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:03:57 GMT, (Larry W4CSC) wrote:

On a more serious note, I don't believe the GPS has to have CONSTANT
WAAS data to make it accurate. The drift you get corrected for is
VERY slow moving, so if it had a lock on WAAS data every few minutes
that should be good enough for good correction, shouldn't it? I'd
think the manufacturers would tell the receiver to use the LAST
available data until new data arrives.

It is my understanding that the software in WAAS enabled receivers do
not check constantly - that is my understanding.

Curiously enough, I have a Magellon 315 and 330M and the 315 is a tad
more accurate (will show zero error for instance) than the 330 (I
never get zero error) which is WAAS enabled.

When I first noticed that, I thought that the WAAS receiver would be
more accurate.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT