Larry W4CSC

Default WTB- equipment for new sailboat - my shopping list

It might also be interesting to send this list to Sailnet, too, just
to see what they'll do. We've used them extensively outfitting
Lionheart. They seem to be able to get anything made at very
reasonable prices.

http://www.sailnet.com/

Send the list to them at:

and ask them what they can do for prices on the whole list. For that
much stuff, it should be a substantial discount.

We took back a B&G H1000 Pilot bought in error and swapped it for the
B&G Network Pilot that they couldn't find until pointed in the right
direction. The return was very smooth and hassle-free...

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:12:01 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

For that much equipment you need to try and get a Port Supply account or if
they refuse, there are other vendors who would like to make 10% mark up on
your over all purchases.

I have (had) a wholesale account with Boat America (wholesale branch of Boat
US.) I got into a Pi$$ing contest with Port Supply so ended up taking my
business to Fisheries Supply in Seattle.. Great place and people.. At one
time I was spending $15,000 a year there, both for myself and for dock
mates. To make things a little more legit, I got a small business license
(cost $25).

I think Port Supply wants you to spend about $15,000 a year but that can be
negotiated.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Larry W4CSC