Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Two steps forward, and one step - a huge one - back...

Today started early - too early, as I couldn't get back to sleep after waking at 3:30AM.

So, I did as I always do after 30 minutes awake - I got up, and read.

Then I headed to the boat, where I resolved the conflict in my WiFi system, thus providing access to the dozen or so folks who have come to rely on my signal.

Then I dove into the engine room again, where, the short story is that I can't get my smallest feeler gauge, 0.003", between any place, at any rotation, on the joint between the coupling and transmission flange on the engine alignment I'd worried so much about.

Before that, I did the gross alignment, making the shaft centered in the exit tube and cutlass bearing, and hand-movable with little effort from outside, in the middle, and at the transmission.

The actual alignment was as expected, lots of cut-and-try, but now all is locked down. I'll let it settle for a couple of days, shake the engine as much as I can and check it again, but I'd bet I'm done, as my crawling all over the engine to get to the mounts, at my 200+ avoirdupois has surely caused it to move and settle nicely.

Reward is burger on the grill, followed by ice cream, before I head back tomorrow for more boat chores in prep for getting back on the high seas.

Great day!