JustWaitAFrekinMinute! JustWaitAFrekinMinute! is offline

Default Don White.....

On Sep 6, 1:20*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 12:25:44 -0400, JustWait
wrote:

On 9/6/2012 11:30 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 11:13:38 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

And that's my contribution here for the day.

===

Don't let the door hit you...

So, what's going on with the boat now Wayne, now that we can talk,
boats *???

===

I'd like to make a hardtop to replace my canvas flybridge enclosure.
I really don't have a good place to do large scale epoxy/composite
work however. *My plan would be to build a mould that matches the
camber of the canvas so that I could use the same supporting frames.
Assuming it could be built strong enough and light enough, I'd then
cover it with solar cells.

Are you talking top only, or top and sides? I might stick with the
canvas sides and just go with a solid top of foam core. You could
still put solid sides after but I would do it in two steps and build
them separately. As to the top, talk to Capt Tom Francis and have him
put you in touch with his son in law here in my town. They have done
some custom foam core tops with led's in them, I am sure they could
help you design a system to incorporate the panels into the build.
Could be an interesting project, how big is the footprint of the
"roof" of the enclosure?