Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Two steps forward, and one step - a huge one - back...

Yesterday, I uncoupled the shaft and went to work on the motor mounts.
Some very small progress, at the expense of skinned knuckles, puncture
wounds, and a very sore shoulder, in a contorted position with only crescent
wrenches, since I don't own ones large enough to fit on the nuts on the
motor mounts.

The good news is that I didn't expect to make that much progress, the
forward ones can slide left-right on their brackets (vs the rears, which
have pins which have to slide in tubes, and are probably frozen).

With the proper tool(s) I think I can manage the nuts on the engine mount
studs; the only real question is whether the sliders in the rear will
require removal in order to be moved. The ones in the front slide (or have
adequate room to do so, I believe, being nominally centered) on slots in the
brackets. For whatever reason, perhaps not seen adequately in the pix,
there is a major frame made on the engine for the rear pin/sliders-in-tubes,
in order to extend the mount further out. That means that these are mounted
over the stringers, and so the left-right motion has to come from the pins.

I expect that in a few days, I'll have it centered and dry-mounted. With
any luck, like my friend Bruce, when it's been in the water for a month or
so, it will still be aligned. I'm much more encouraged at the end of the
day than I was at the beginning..

L8R

Skip