Keith

Default GPS Anchor Drag Alarm Ideas?

Get a baby monitor and put the transmitter next to the GPS, the receiver
next to your head.

"Len Krauss" wrote in message
My GPS (with an anchor drag alarm feature) is not located in sleeping

berth.
Even even if it were, its alarm is barely audible, and certainly not
adequate to arouse a person from a sound sleep (unless the GPS were

strapped
to one's ear.). Additionally, a GPS antenna wire would need to be run to

the
berth -- not a big problem, but what's the point if one can't hear the

alarm
anyway.

Perhaps there's some kind low-power amplifier that could be placed next to
the GPS, or possibly a transmitter with remote alarm receiver. But it

might
need to be tunable, so just any kind of noise doesn't set it off.

I was hoping that there might be a defined NMEA sentence output by the GPS
when an anchor drag condition is sensed, but none exits from what I've

been
told. If there were, it might be possible to detect it in order to trigger

loud alarm of some type.

Would welcome any and all suggestions for off-the-shelf or custom anchor
drag alarm systems.

Thanks,
Len
--