Willem Amels

Default Pitch & Roll sensor

Hello Dave,

My company has been marketing a system for ship-motions measurement for
some time. It is called ship-motion-controller (SMC) and consists of an
electrolytic sensor and accompanying sotware for logging and analysis.
The sensor measures accelerations and angles on all three axis and is
connected to a PC via USB. The angular accuracy is better than 0.01
degree. The system has been extensively tested, and can easily log three
months of data. It is a commercial-of-the-shelf-system and we have a
system available for rent if required.

Maybe this could be helpfull to your project.

Willem Amels

Dave Baker wrote in
:

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 21:02:09 -0800, "maxlynn" wrote:

You are on to a possibility. You should know that there is a lot more
than meets the eye in what you are buying. These devices require high
computational capabilities. Hopefully there are canned algorithms
available to provide the outputs that you require. But they have the
potential to provide proper pitch and roll outputs AND simultaneous
acceleration outputs

I'll just log all the data - my boss has the degrees in Maths &
Surveying, so he can be the one that has to make sense of it all! :-)

Dave