Larry W4CSC

Default Wireless Navigation! It works!

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 14:30:30 -0000, "Steve Cowley"
wrote:

Happy wireless navigating!

Steve Cowley
Manchester, England.

Bluetooth would be an excellent idea. I chose 802.11g because all the
notebooks in our marina already have them in them so we can use the
free internet service Ashley Marina (Charleston, SC USA) provides for
its customers. I have little experience with Bluetooth but your
description sounds like a good idea.

802.11g WiFi allows error-free connections to many computers, even
over the internet so I can fool around from home through the link at
the marina. Tide report? No problemo. I can read the depth under
the keel from here...(c;

I'm thinking about adding a remote on/off capability so you don't have
to leave the network running all the time to read it from home. This
is easy on Lionheart because I installed an independent electronics
suite power system, all shut down from a big solenoid and switched by
one switch at the ladder into the cockpit. A big red light tells my
captain he's forgotten to shut the system down when he secures the
boat.

Very good idea of Bluetooth access. Thanks for sharing it with us.