Meindert Sprang

Default Pitch & Roll sensor

"maxlynn" wrote in message
news:VpLKb.102178$pY.42460@fed1read04...
Well, it IS pretty close to correct. An accelerometer measures exactly

what
its name implies - acceleration. And 99% of the time the name implies
linear acceleration. So if you integrate that once, you have velocity.

But
nowhere in this process do you get pitch, roll, azimuth, or any other
angular measurement.

??????
If I mount an ADXL with one axis vertical and the other horzontal, I measure
a constant gravitational acceleration on the vert. axis and 0 on the hor.
axis. If I now rotate the sensor, I get a nice sine/cosine relation between
the signals on both axes. So there's my angular measurement!

Meindert