Vic Fraenckel

Default Pitch & Roll sensor

"Gary Schafer" wrote
|For the pitch and roll, I don't think an accelerometer is not going to
| do it. It will give you rate of change. You could do some math and get
| degrees but it would not be accurate if the rate was different the
| next time you had a pitch or roll.

This is NOT correct. The ADXL is NOT measuring rate of change. It's output
measures the gravitational acceleration directly. I suggest that you read
AMD's data sheet on this product to understand how it works. I have used the
ADXL to measure the inclination of a telescope tube with some success.

Regards,

Vic

Victor Fraenckel - The Windman
vfraenc1 ATSIGN nycap DOT rr DOTcom
KC2GUI

Home of the WindReader Electronic Theodolite
Read the WIND

"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long
and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
- Winston [Leonard Spencer] Churchill (1874 - 1965)