Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default 1995 carevelle 1750 3.0 lx

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:39:40 +0100, c fields
wrote:

i just bought this boat . it has a 19 pitch prop on it and it seems to
have trouble getting up and going. im running at wide open throttle
about 3200 rpm at about 32 mpr. Can any one tell me what rpm i should be
running at wide open and is this my prop holding me back. the boat had a
bent prop on it when i bought it. so i just got a new one but i did go
to a 4 blade prop with same pitch old one had .Its a really nice boat I
just need a little help figuring out my problem. If anyone has any other
ideas or comments. thanks Chris

===

Normal WOT (wide open throttle) should be in the range of 4500 to 5000
RPM. You should probably be running a 3 bladed prop with a pitch of
15 to 16 inches. Try to get a loaner prop if you can to try it out.