Larry W4CSC

Default PDA GPS Receivers...

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 13:44:37 GMT, "spdevel" wrote:

Do you use an external antenna with the Navman? And how does it
track compared to the Garmin?

I had the Navman at first and was happy with it. Then I got a Bluetooth GPS
(Emtac although there are many others). The Bluetooth GPS is vastly
superior in time-to-first-fix as well as accuracy. There are a couple of
web sites that give reviews of GPS devices and compare them. Check out
http://www.gpspassion.com/en/hardware/gpslist.htm for a pretty complete
table. From that table, you can link to reviews for the different devices.

Are these devices WAAS-GPS or just GPS? We're using a Raymarine
Raystar 120 for the master WAAS-GPS, here. The whole GPS is built
into the little antenna mounted next to the helm out of the weather.
They have SeaTalk and NMEA models that simply put out all the
statements. Accuracy is 3 meters! Click a bouy as a waypoint and the
boat will run right over it....