Harry Krause

Default OT--Weaslyl watch begins

Clams Canino wrote:
What happened up here was that the Seabrook Power Station project severery
inflated the number of the construction unions members. Not only were they
coming from all over the country but many of the local people (myself
included) were vacuumed into the unions to provide enough workers to build
that critter.

When that job ended - there was no way in hell the unions could find work
for THAT many people and many of us just drifted off into other areas of
work.

That said, I find my participation in that project some of the most
rewarding few years of my life and I look back on it fondly. And I learned a
LOT.

-W

There are lots of union construction workers, especially in highly
skilled trades, who travel around the country from job to job because
they like to work that way and they cna earn big bucks doing so.
Steamfitters, especially, are in high demand for powerplant work,
because they are the only ones qualified to make the necessary welds.