Shortwave Sportfishing

Default PDA GPS Receivers...

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:24:27 GMT, (Rick
Morel) wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:01:25 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

Anybody have any experience with these little devices?

I'm speaking of the iPAQ series PDA/handheld computers and the Navman
GPS receiver with the Maptech charts.

The one word version of how it works is - GREAT!

Get a 256 Meg Compact Flash card for the charts. Bolt down the suction
mount.

I also got the CE version of Oziexplorer. In many ways I prefer it to
Pocket Navigator. Mainly because you can have sets of waypoints and
routes.

Rick

S/V Final Step
http://www.morelr.com/coronado/

Thanks - I want one for a backup unit and being at a "certain age" the
PDA functions will help the softer memory cells. :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
"I object to fishing tournaments less for
what they do to fish than what they do to
fishermen." Ted Williams - 1964