Larry W4CSC

Default Noisy Guest

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 18:09:47 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

I think it's gotta be the switching power supplies - I have the same
problem on my Contender - it is annoying.

Any electronics that "switches" is a big transmitter. It generates
harmonic-rich square waves and pulses.

I've wondered if building something solid state and cascade the
voltage if that would help the situation any?

No, actually the solution is quite simple. Go back to the old,
reliable analog chargers that simply put out pulsating DC voltages to
the battery and when you noticed the current dropping off, you turned
the charger off manually or had a saturable reactor that would taper
the charge. The old chargers without the switching electronics we're
in love with, made no radio noise at all......