Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default off the hard for a while

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

Damn, Skip.

I give you high marks for workmanship and perseverance, not so much
for making good use of time remaining, etc.

Guilty as charged.

However, you know the Admiral actually runs the ship. When we're HERE, it's
all assholes and elbows or you're in deep doo-doo, because "we've GOT to
finish this boat!!"

However, when one of her kids has an event she wants to go to, or feels
obligated to do (this one was an engagement party), since it's a very long
day's drive, the rest of the kids (and grandkids, the other motivating item
in her life - mine, not so much) get seen, too.

And thus lies the story as to how we've been off the boat nearly as much as
we've been on it, these last, now, nearly 17 months. Of course, all this is
happening at a time when we just happen to be in the US, an anomaly for us.

Admiralty rules, so I play by them. Even if we were finished earlier, we'll
not leave before September 15th, when she gets back from another 8 days,
this time solo, babysitting for her daughter and S-I-L going to a wedding
he's part of.

We've discovered another project: We came back to an impacted freezer, I
discovered today - that would explain the 30/43° temps in the
freezer/reefer, not, as I thought, just due to heat - there's inches of ice
in there, and, as well, something else is wrong because the door has a split
almost the entire length of the leading lower ledge. I'm not looking
forward to doing it but I think I might have to rebuild the door. For sure
I have to figure out some better way to gasket it, as it's never been
perfect, but this is absurd. If that happens, coming up with the small bit
of extruded polystyrene, even if I have to laminate it excessively (small
thicknesses), will be challenging, I'd expect.

I'm expecting (as we'll probably have 15 or more coats of barrier and for
sure 4 of bottom, each of which will require at least a day before doing the
next) that we'll be leaving some time in October, and even that will be
lunar high tide dependent, as the channel hasn't gotten any better since we
got here...

L8R

Skip

--

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson