Califbill Califbill is offline

Default Actually boating.

Just returned from a week long boating trip. Not my boat, but a 125' Long
range fishing boat out of San Diego. Brought back 470# of fish to process.
Mostly Bluefin tuna and Yellowtail. Couple of Dorado, but released most as
they were small. Could have brought back 5 more tuna and 3 more
miscellaneous fish. Captain said the 3 day Bluefin bite was the best he has
seen in 13 years of working the long range fleet. We caught 342 one day.
Bluefin are normally very line shy, and I caught one on hook tied straight
to the yellow 50# braid. http://independencesportfishing.com/ was the boat.
Trip from 7/21-7/28. Excellent food, better than a cruise ship. More
expensive too. Figure $3k+ for a week with tip and gear and fish
processing. All fish comes back as Sashimi grade fish. Kept in 29 degree
salted sea water.