Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Yo Wayne!

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:18:43 -0400, John H.
wrote:

In case you missed the answer to your question in all the fighting:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 19:52:13 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

We are planning to spend some time in southern Utah later this year?

Any recommendations?

YES!!

First stop, Moab, UT. Visit Arches and Canyonlands National Parks (NP) and Dead Horse Point SP. A
week would be good here, but we stayed only four days.

Then back to I-70, west to Hwy 24 south. Follow to Hwy 12 south. Spectacular scenery. Don't stop for
pictures every ten minutes. Visit Capitol Reef NP for a couple hours or more, and continue on Hwy 12
'til you reach Hyw 63, and take a left to Bryce Canyon NP. Fantastic place. While there, be sure and
take the free bus tour offered by Ruby's Campground. The sign up place is right there at the
campground. If you're not camping, Ruby's Lodge seemed pretty nice, but I'd make reservations early.
( http://tinyurl.com/caa5mqs ). A week in Bryce would be nice. Go on a mule ride.

From there, back to Hwy 12 west to Hwy 89, south to Hwy 9 and west to Zion NP. Plan on a few days
there, and be sure and take the bus tour through the park.

From there, drop down south and head east to the Grand Canyon North Rim. Be sure to stop at Jacobs
Lake and visit the trading post. After a few days at the Grand Canyon, head over to Page, AZ, rent a
pontoon boat and spend a few days on Lake Powell. Be sure to visit Lower Antelope Canyon. Take a
tripod, and they'll let you linger for a lot longer in the canyon and take your time with your
pictures.

Finally, we went to Monument Valley for a couple days and then headed home. I'd like to do the whole
thing again, with more time, and visit some of the places we didn't get to, like Lake Powell.

Start planning early. If you plan to visit and stay at the lodge or cabins, make reservations really
early. I'd start calling them now. ( http://tinyurl.com/cjme7y6 )

Hope you have a super trip!

===

Thanks !