Meyer[_2_] Meyer[_2_] is offline

Default Interesting New Global Warming Study

On 7/30/2012 1:20 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:52:20 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 07:19:13 -0400,
wrote:

In summation: Wow, the last skeptic has been drug across the finish
line and now, only now, the "skeptics" believe what virtually every
other scientist has known for years! That, in retrospect, might really
be the bad news.

===

Either way, global warming is probably going to be bad news.

There are several reasons in my opinion why there have been die hard
skeptics, including myself. 1) Al Gore was absolutely the wrong
spokesman for the original message. His overall lack of credibility
and borderline hysteria made him a poor messenger. 2) It is
abundantly clear that there have been many past instances of global
warming/cooling that demonstrably had nothing to do with fossil fuel
emissions.

Al Gore and Michael Moore are idiots; why be a contra-idiot just for
the sake of opposing them?

What about all of the scientific community that were poo-pooed just to
thumb the collective skeptical nose at the above mentioned idiots.
Where is the logic and science in that?

As long ago as 2003, the US military was gearing up for the reality
that global climate change would affect the scarcity of food, water
and energy. The warning from the US military, then, was that global
warming should "be elevated beyond a scientific debate to a U.S.
national security concern." What more does it take to attract people's
attention? For another read, see the report: "An Abrupt Climate Change
Scenario and the Implications for United States Security."

There have been past instances of global warming, but that is another
logical argument, altogether. Man has never been is sufficient numbers
with the capability to create so much heat and affect the global
atmosphere as he does now. That is a wildcard that is truly scary, in
large part because we don't understand the dynamics.

Now, maybe we can pull our collective heads out of the sand and see
what, if anything, can be done. If we have reached a critical tipping
point, all that is left is Armageddon and survival of the fittest.
Perhaps the Earth and its inhabitant, are more resilient. Fact is, we
just don't have a clue, one way or the other.

You can help by lowering your thermostat this winter.