Tim Tim is offline

Default Propane or Natural Gas for Small Home Generators

On Jul 29, 4:55*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
Any of you who have ever depended on a small home generator during an
extended power outage will appreciate the fact that gasoline can
become difficult to obtain. * This is further compounded by the
problems of storing ethanol gas for any length of time. *After
hurricane Charlie here in SW Florida my neighbor and I took turns
driving 50 miles round trip every night for over a week to buy
generator gas.

I just found a web site selling propane and natural gas conversion
kits for small gasoline generators if anyone is interested. * I have
no personal interest (or experience) with their products.

http://www.propane-generators.com/

One good thing about 'natural' or 'propane' is that it doesn't spoil.
My Honda is readily to hook up to a 500 gal. propane tank in
necessary.

Power outages in my area are not often and only momentarily for a
couple hrs at the usual. But you never know. Especially in the winter
if a good ice storm comes along. Some rural people have been out of
electricity for two weeks in freezing temps.

changing over a small gas engine to propane is easy and well worth
it.

Thanks for the post, Wayne.