Bruce[_3_] Bruce[_3_] is offline

Default Trailer wheel bearings???

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:52:30 -0400, "Tom" wrote:

Ok, now I am going to change the wheelbearings on the trailer. There are 4
and looks like they are individual (as opposed to axels where there is
differencial oil lubing each side). So they have the bearings kits at the
local Walmart so I figured I would just jack up one side of the trailer at a
time and do these one by one. I figured there would be a couple roller
bearing things in there with some cones or spacers or seals.

Any tips from those who have successfully performed such a change? I would
really like to know what the preferred grease is to be pumped into them when
complete. There are grease nipples on each one so I can pump grease in. I
have two types of grease, one is a brown kind of grease, the other is a Esso
product that is blue or greenish. I also have lots of Neverseize, in the
grease gun cartridge style thing. Any recommendation from the experts before
I mix them all together? I am hoping to drop it into salt water as well as
fresh water as many times as I can.
Thanks

Go out and buy some waterproof wheel bearing grease. Mixing two
different greases might work but might also not work. Grease is cheap,
why not use the right stuff.

The grease fitting is so that you can flush out any water after you
get the wheels wet. Pump grease in until clean grease squirts out.
Cheers,
Bruce