Bruce in Alaska

Default Ext spkr for VHF Radio

In article ,
"Rheilly Phoull" wrote:

I dunno but taking the "Kiss" theory, it might be best to just have another
extention speaker for the radio ??
Not like it will break the bank and you dont have to remember to throw the
switch.
A small 'coms" type speaker would do it and you would not be compromising
either system.

--
Regards ............... Rheilly Phoull

Another solution to this problem is to use a Dual Voicecoil Speaker.
Motorola built a very nice Marine VHF Radio years ago called a MODAR
Triton that used one of these in the Bridge to Bridge version. This
radio has two receivers and both drive a single speaker with two
individual voicecoils. Worked very slick. I have a number of the
speakers that I salvaged from these as the radio's died, and use them
just for this purpose. I have seen a few speakers with similar setups
in Jameco on occasion.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @