X ` Man[_3_] X ` Man[_3_] is offline

Default The new Google Groups went into effect today...

On 7/23/12 12:52 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 08:26:17 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 7/23/12 8:00 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article , dump-on-
says...

On 7/22/12 3:15 PM, John H wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2012 6:20:57 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
And it totally stinks. Looks like I'm finally going to need a news reader....

And, BTW, although some folks find Agent to be incredibly complex, it's really pretty simple to use.

Besides, I'm only a phone call away.

That should be funny: Herring the computer moron giving computer
software advice.

Hey, at least he can run Agent, the one you find too complex!

I never said or implied I couldn't run agent. I just find it too complex
for the simple task of reading a couple of usenet groups with very few
postings. It's very very dated software, even though it is out in a
newer version.

Once you get Agent configured for your use it is very simple to
operate. The other good thing is the version I use does not really get
"installed" so it can run from a thumb drive on any machine and when
you pull the drive out it is gone without a trace. Everything stays on
the thumb drive. That is handy if you use more than one machine.

Agent is really aimed at binary users tho.

I am not sure what you mean by "dated". Usenet itself is dated and
hasn't changed in a decade or two. Why would the software have to
change?

I don't require software to run from a thumb drive, and when I sell off
my used apple computers to buy new ones, I wipe the drives clean with a
scrubbing program that allegedly provides a wipe sufficient for some
government agencies or other. In any event, good enough. I don't
download binaries. Therefore, my comment stands...Agent is too complex
for the simple task of reading and posting to the couple of usenet
groups I still follow.

Why would the software change? To add ease of use?