Tom Tom is offline

Default 9.9hp outboard question ?

Ok, then that means there should be no water coming from that area at all.

I think I will have to replace the impeller housing with the old one or
original one as it was different and looked better. And I suppose it didn't
leak before.

Thanks, looks like another morning project but I am getting faster and
better at taking that apart.

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 10:41:13 -0400, "Tom" wrote:

Thanks for the words of encouragement,, fact is there is no day job as of
lately so I am happy to do this on my own.

So looks like this morning's job is dropping that lower end again and
seeing
if there is something missing. There were a few extra parts in the kit
that
i have for the impeller change , i thought I put every part back on that I
took off that was available to switch.

I think when putting it back together the tube that goes into the rubber
grommet thing there that is on the top of impeller housing might not have
completely went into that tube thing. I can only think that is the issue.

Or, I can go drop the boat in the river and see if it pees out much more
powerful,,, then everything is correct. This is my prediciment. I think
everything went back together properly, yet never noticed water coming out
from that space before, and never ran the engine on muffs in the driveway.

Would running the engine on muffs make the pee hole water tube outlet less
powerful?

Or should it be exactly the same on water on muffs on that back connection
??

Thanks again

You really should solve the problem while it is sitting in the
driveway. A lot easier then solving them when out on the water.

(you can drop wrenches while you are in the driveway :-)
Cheers,
Bruce