Tony Thomas

Default Hurricane submerged my outboard

Please make sure you completely drain the fuel tank and clear all water out
and install fresh gas prior to start.
Also, if oil injected drain the oil tank and refill also.
You don't want water in the gas or oil.

Drain the carbs, remove plugs and turn over by hand to remove any water from
the cylinders.
Clean and dry all electrical connections and exterior components.
Grease/oil any moving parts on the linkages.

Crank engine.

Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Brian Klug" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Need any help / advice on this subject. My boat, along with my 115HP
Merc outboard was completely submerged as a result of hurricane
Isabelle. It was underwater for about 18 hours, with battery
attached, in brackish water.

It's had time to dry now - should I just try to start it and see what
happens? Or would that likely risk further possible damage? Any
suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Brian Klug