Len Krauss

Default TV Tuner - External for WinXP

Please excuse the oversight, but I left out a potentially important detail
for using that Hitachi 15" aux TFT LCD. It needs 120vac. I supplied that
with a small 400w inverter, the same one I use with the notebook's brick.
Maybe everyone already knew that, but just in case. . .

As a matter that will be of interest to some, that particular Hitachi had
fairly low power requirements as those screens go. Net, net if I used it
instead of notebook's screen the additional draw was about 1amp. To make
this test, I removed the notebook's battery.

--
Eliminate "ns" for email address.
"Steve" wrote in message
news

"Len Krauss" wrote in message
too. The idea was to use it for realtime nav work w/ Capn. It was bright
enough and had good contrast, but would not be exposed to weather. It

will

That is just what I wanted to do.. However the laptop will remain on the
chart table.. The charts are not bright enough for me to see details from

8
ft away, in the companionway.. I thought maybe the larger and brighter

LCT
tv screen might be a solution for a remote monitor..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions