nereid

Default TV Tuner - External for WinXP

"Steve" wrote:
I'm not sure if your questioning the stability of the 12v for the LCD tv

or
for the laptop.??

Actually both. Most computer devices and I think at least some of the LCDs
can work on 11-13V, but I am afraid that my supply won't be that stable.
I think that the voltage in my system might vary at least from 15V to 11V or
probably from 11V to 17V.
The lower limit is probably not critical (though someone selling the stuff
told me that low voltage might some how shorten the lifelength of the LCD,
because it might get turned on an off to much). That is how ever I risk I
would take. What worries me more is the high voltage levels. I believe there
is a reason that they sell "vehicle converters" for use in cars, campers and
the likes that converts 11-17V to a stable 12V.
I would not like my gear to melt down if I forget to disconnect the computer
while I start the engine or connect the AC connection.

This was discussed in an earlier thread, but I never reached a conclusion,
and would still not dare to run a system without a "vehicle converter" that
accepts 11V-17V.

I would like to be proven wrong, so I could save the money, but I am not
convinced yet.

Peter S/Y Anicula

skrev i en meddelelse

"Peter S/Y Anicula" wrote in message
k...
The problems I se is: Is your current supplie stabile enough? If not you
might need a 11-17V to 12V converter which might set you back another
50-150$.

Peter S/Y Anicula

I'm not sure if your questioning the stability of the 12v for the LCD tv

or
for the laptop.??

I have solved the problem of a stable 12v for my Laptop with a 'brick'

that
was made for the Toshiba (discussed in another thread).
The Sharp 15" LCD comes as a 12-13 vdc unit with a wall wart for domestic
use..

I am currently using a duel power, 12vdc/110vac, cathode type tv now but

it
is only 10" and draws more current than the LCD..

I'm just waiting for the cost of the LCD TVs to come down in price.. The
Sharp 15 LCD is now available online for $490~ and that is $100 cheaper

than
in the discount stores.

BTW. My son is in the industry and told me that several new LCD screen
production plants have been open recently and that production of LCD

screens
is now cheaper and easier than cathode color picture tubes (production
equipment less involved). He expects the price of all color LCDs to drop
dramaticly in the next 2 years.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions