Len Krauss

Default TV Tuner - External for WinXP

For an experiment I attached a 15" Hitachi TFT LCD to my HP notebook WinXP
PC. The notebook has an output jack for an aux monitor, and you can select
to view either or both. If there are aux speakers, there's a jack for these
too. The idea was to use it for realtime nav work w/ Capn. It was bright
enough and had good contrast, but would not be exposed to weather. It will
work just fine me and eliminates clutter, esp using a finger mouse. I'm
waiting for price to come down, before I commit.
--
Eliminate "ns" for email address.
"Steve" wrote in message
I have been looking at the Sharp 15" LCD and it is great in all levels of
light.

While look considering it for the boat, I get to thinking about the
feasability of using it as a monitor for the LapTop.. Anyone have an idea

of
this and the hardware involved to do this through the A/V ??

Steve
s/v Good Intentions