Peter S/Y Anicula

Default TV Tuner - External for WinXP

I still haven't done it but I am still considering building a 12V Mini-itx
computer, and use a 15'" or a 17" LCD tv as monitor.

The computer can be build for less than 1000$, including a notebook
combodrew and a notebook harddisk. Notebook dvd-writers will soon be
available and might be interesting, but I'm not sure whether you will need a
PCI compression-card to be able to use it as a TV-recorder.

see http://mini-itx.com/

The problems I se is: Is your current supplie stabile enough? If not you
might need a 11-17V to 12V converter which might set you back another
50-150$.

Peter S/Y Anicula

"Steve" skrev i en meddelelse
I have been looking at the Sharp 15" LCD and it is great in all levels of
light.

While look considering it for the boat, I get to thinking about the
feasability of using it as a monitor for the LapTop.. Anyone have an idea

of
this and the hardware involved to do this through the A/V ??

Steve
s/v Good Intentions