Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default off the hard for a while

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

It's admirable, Skippy, that you and your amazingly young and
hot-looking wife can be the recipient of great joy while slaving
away in primitive, almost savage, conditions on project after
project after project. This goes to show that you two must be
"glass half full" people.

Most of us normal, rational and realistic folks would look at your
plight and see it as a "glass half empty" situation and thus
become quite discouraged, especially after having tallied up
all our mega hours of hard work and coming to the shocking
realization that the sum equals four or five times the worth of
the vessel.

Wilbur Hubbard

LOL :{))

Sorry for the delayed response - Lydia's computer doesn't do newsgroups, so
this is the first I've seen of it.

We have to say that the number of folks who have stopped by and commented on
our work have been embarrassingly complimentary, along with a fair volume of
"paint that thing and put it in the water!" OTOH, there are those who just
do the compliments and shake their heads and say we should hire ourselves
out :{))

If you counted labor into the boat, you'd be in the same boat, so to speak.

Just like maintaining a house, it's a labor of love.

The good news is that we're thrilled to be where we are (currently at my
youngest, celebrating his birthday today - he's the one who wrote AdBlock -
for Chrome and Safari - far and away the most popular extension for both
browsers) both on land and in the boat work.

The last project we finished up was the reinforcement of the windlass, and
then we headed out of town. When we get back at the end of the month, we'll
finish out the skeg, and start laying on barrier coat (after remounting the
rudder, of course).

L8R, y'all

Skip

--

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson