Bruce[_3_] Bruce[_3_] is offline

Default 9.9hp outboard question ?

On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 13:03:45 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 10:12:59 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message

I might comment that the mean intelligence levels
exhibited
on you-tube seems to be in the sub-8th grade levels.

What are you saying? That they are a little too
for you, Bruce?

Wilbur Hubbard

No Willie-boy, the statement that they appear sub-8th
grade level to
me indicates that I view them as having a rather low
level of
intellectually content.

Why, do you have problems understanding them?

I don't view them at all as they are beneath me.

In my younger years I worked for eight years as a
motorcycle mechanic in a high volume dealership/shop
working on all makes and models and, after that, for
seven years as a Technical Advisor for Suzuki
Motorcycles. I'm a more accomplished and knowledgeable
small engine mechanic than anybody in this group, by a
long long long shot.

Carburetors, particular Japanese brands, (Mikuni,
Keihin) I've even taught mechanic's classes on them.
They are totally adjustable and incorporate separate,
fully adjustable/replaceable idle/low speed jets, mid
range jets (needle jet and jet needles) and high speed
(main) jets. Due to the very small diameter of the low
speed jets, clogging is not a rare occurrence at all.
The symptoms of a clog are very evident. It usually
takes all of ten minutes to do away with a clog once the
carburetor is removed from the engine.

Wilbur Hubbard

Amazing!

In addition to your imagined qualifications as a cruising yachtsman
you now add that of a motorcycle mechanic and if I remember correctly
you are also a bicycle racer and career thief (remembering the battery
and brandy thefts).

What is next? Space capsule captain? Long distance swimmer? Arctic
Explorer?

Or only degeneration yet further into Alzheimer's?