Steve

Default Furuno GP32 ??

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

.... excellent unit. My only caution would be on uploading/downloading
waypoints. If that function is important to you, make sure you have
software available before you purchase. It's been my experience that
much of the commonly available software for upload/download does not
support the Furuno GPS units.

Good point and since uploading of waypoints is one of the features I wanted
to use..

I use The Cap'n 6.3 for my routine charting and have never had occasion to
export any waypoints since my GPSs have been handheld or dumb GPSs (unable
to recieve uploads)..

Since Nautical Technologies won't support the pre 7.x (Mosaic) version I'm
preparing to cross over to something with better user support. I'm thinking
MaxSea 7.3.. I don't know much about the hardware interface abilities of
MaxSea but I hear it can read several chart formats (CMap93, BSB/KAP and
HDR)..

I expect to have the new Furuno GP32 up and running in a couple days so it
won't be long before I 'may' say goodby to the Cap'n and his snootie tech
support crew. (Its too bad I paid for all the upgrades back to 4.3 and only
started using it on my boat this year.. only a couple hundred miles on that
sucker).

Please (anyone) tell me what kinda problems I will encounter with verious
softwares when it comes to EXPORTing waypoints and routes to the Furuno.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions