Cantide

Default Jet Boat Autopilot

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:25:21 GMT, Larry wrote:

I have a Bombardier Utopia 185 jet boat, powered by a Merc 100hp DFI jet.
That is an 18.5 ft bowrider runabout. I would like to add an autopilot to
it. Anyone have any recommendations? Has anyone added an autopilot to a
jet boat and have any suggestions? Thanks

The more financially endowed salmon fishermen around here have been
installing TR-1 autopilots on their kicker motors. A friend of mine
has one on his boat, it's very impressive... The unit can be used for
the main engine as well as the kicker, with the approprate actuators.
Check http://www.nautamatic.com/

Dan