Larry W4CSC

Default Affordable range finder

Try your local GOLF discount store......

Be careful boaters don't see you going in there to buy it....(c;

Golfers have this little split-image rangefinder that works pretty
well for finding the distance to the hole in that range. Of course,
that has nothing to do with getting the BALL anywhere near said
hole...hee hee.

$20 too much?

Wally World has the Bushnell Laser rangefinder at 700 yards for
$297....www.walmart.com

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:08:11 GMT, Marc Auslander
wrote:

I'm often unsure about how far I am from other objects in an anchorage
- other boats - other hazards - etc. I wish there was a device that
would measure ranges in the 50-1000 ft range. Not something that
depends on knowing the size of the object being viewed, of course.
But rather an optical or electronic gadget.
--

Larry W4CSC

NNNN