Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default off the hard for a while

"Flying Pig" wrote in message
Unfortunately, not the Flying Pig, but us.

We're on the way to N. GA for various functions around our combined 8
kids and 10 grandkids, during which time I might even be able to get on
a ski again (see my gallery for what I used to do before I started
working on boats).

However, just before we left, I contorted myself repeatedly in order to
fabricate/drill, then dry fit, and then install, a reinforcement to my
dodgy windlass base. I'll spare you the gory details and the puddles of
sweat left behind, but the pix of the exercise can be found in the
anchor section of the 2011 refit gallery by clicking the link below and
following along until you get to the windlass reinforcement section. I
wish I'd taken the end pics before we retrieved our anchors and chain,
which had been laying on the ground, and therefore spread bits of dirt
and grass all over my new work, but you'll get the idea :{))

We've not put the rudder up, yet, as we still have some remaining bits
of work on the skeg, but as my prior post on the rudder stock indicated,
we slew the pits dragon rather handily, in the end, and my dry fitting
of the rudder, as well, went very nicely.

The number of very satisfying ends to extremely frustrating and
difficult/fiddly issues has been piling up on us of late, giving us
great joy :{))

It's admirable, Skippy, that you and your amazingly young and
hot-looking wife can be the recipient of great joy while slaving
away in primitive, almost savage, conditions on project after
project after project. This goes to show that you two must be
"glass half full" people.

Most of us normal, rational and realistic folks would look at your
plight and see it as a "glass half empty" situation and thus
become quite discouraged, especially after having tallied up
all our mega hours of hard work and coming to the shocking
realization that the sum equals four or five times the worth of
the vessel.

Wilbur Hubbard